Apr 16, 2015

Silence After Noon


I had to trek deep into the gully behind my house in Mulgoa for this project. Three times I visited.. the first time was a total wash-out, with the sunny day turning dark and stormy, and the rain bucketing down!! The wet acrylic paint washed off the surface, and I was left with some minimalist marks.
On the second trip I forgot my palette, so I had to use paint squeezed straight from the tubes. It produced some interesting, strong colours!
The third time was OK. The air was so still, the sun started setting behind the trees and the water turned dark and glassy. 
So I have a lot of emotion tied up with this work, not to mention sweat and tears from the (climbing) downs and ups!

"Silence After Noon" by Shirley Peters
Acrylic on Canvas 
Landscape
90 cm x 90 cm
NFS